With the foundation Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences (MATE), one of the largest agricultural-focused, multi- disciplinary higher education institutions in Europe was established on 1 February 2021.
With such a long history and legacy of excellence, Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences stands as a central pillar of higher education in Hungary and throughout the region.
Milestones in the history of MATE:
- 1787 Faculty of Veterinary Medicine founded
- 1880 Ybl Miklós Technical College founded
- 1917 Teacher Training College, Jászberény founded
- 1920 University of Agriculture was founded in Budapest
- 1950 University of Agriculture moved to Gödöllő
- 2000 Szent István University founded
- 2011 institutional integration to 7 faculties
- 2016 integration of 3 faculties (Food Science, Horticultural Science and Landscape Architecture and Urbanism) of Corvinus University of Budapest; and the disintegration of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- 2020 integration of Kaposvár University, Eszterházy University's Károly Róbert Campus (Gyöngyös) and Pannon University's Georgikon Faculty in Keszthely